£900 prize money. Free to enter. What's not to like?
International Poster Competition 2017
The International Poster Competition 2017 is now open for entry. You have until the 20th of August to enter.
The submissions most highly rated by the jury will be exhibited in Scotland’s National Centre for Design & Architecture, The Lighthouse between the 20th October – 25th November 2017 and the top 3 winners will be awarded cash prizes. Thank you to Mohawk Fine Papers for sponsoring this year’s prize money.
Posters act as a simple vehicle for communication and have provided a powerful framework for political agendas, War propaganda and the dissemination of public information, alongside being used as tools to sell commercial goods and services for centuries. However outwith their functional existence, they provide a canvas for millions of designers around the world.
This competitions aims to showcase and celebrate contemporary poster design from around the world.
The entries most highly rated by the jury will be exhibited in Scotland’s National Centre for Design & Architecture, The Lighthouse between the 20th October – 25th November 2017.
The top 3 competition winners will be awarded cash prizes.
Competition Closes – All digital submissions must be received by midnight.
Stage 1: Participants being considered for the exhibition will be contacted to submit physical posters for second round of judging
Stage 2: All names of shortlisted participants who will feature in the exhibition will be publicised here.
Competition winners will be announced at the exhibition opening. We hope to see you there!
1. You submit your poster(s) digitally
2. Digital submissions reviewed by Jury
3. GDFS request physical posters to be considered for final exhibition
4. Jury curate final posters for exhibition
5. Authors of posters included in final exhibition announced
6. Posters most highly rated by jury will be exhibited in GDFS International Poster Exhibition and included in the printed poster catalogue
1st Place: £500
2nd Place: £300
3rd Place: £100
Thank you to Mohawk Fine Papers for sponsoring this year’s prize money. Mohawk also kindly provide the paper for the Poster Exhibition Catalogue.
The preferred format is A1, however, we accept any shape or size of poster.
– The brief is open.
– Submissions may be created specifically for the competition, for a client or as self promotion.
– A maximum of 3 posters may be entered per participant. The competition is open to both students and professionals.
– The posters will be judged on their content, concept, and delivery, and value will be placed on design work which:
– Alters perceptions or ways of thinking
– Offers creative solutions to problems
– Contributes to discussion on current affairs
– Opens dialogue and provokes discussion for debate
– Makes innovative use of media or medium