The 2019 International Poster Competition is now open for entry.
This competition aims to showcase and celebrate contemporary poster design from around the world.
How the competition works
Please read the guidelines below before submitting an entry.
– The brief is open. Submissions may be created specifically for the competition, for a client or as self-promotion.
– A maximum of 6 posters may be entered per participant.
– The competition is open to both students and professionals.
– Content submitted on the poster entry form must be accurate and include all designers involved. The content submitted in the entry form will be used for the International Poster Exhibition and International Poster Book. This content may not be possible to change.
– Moving and animated posters are accepted and celebrated.
– The entry must have been created in 2018-2019.
– The posters will be judged on their content, concept, and delivery, and value will be placed on design work which:
Competition Closes – all digital submissions must be received by midnight.
Successful participants who will be included in the International Poster Exhibition and International Poster Book will be contacted.
All names of successful participants who will be included in the International Poster Exhibition and International Poster Book will be publicised here.
Competition winners will be announced at the opening of the International Poster Exhibition.
The International Poster competition launched in 2014 and has received 22,000+ poster entries from 100+ Countries (x5 competitions 2014-2018).
Over 37,000 people have attended International Poster Exhibitions (x5 exhibitions 2014-2018).
5x International Poster Catalogues and Book have been published as a result of the competition and exhibition and these can be found in the GDFS shop.
1st Place: £500
2nd Place: £300
3rd Place: £100
The highly rated entries will be chosen for the International Poster Exhibition, included in the International Poster Book and will be promoted during GDFS, via social media and online to over 100,000 active followers and viewers.