You are viewing the Graphic Design Festival Scotland 2016 archive. Click Here for the Current Festival.
Posters act as a simple vehicle for communication and have provided a powerful framework for political agendas, War propaganda and the dissemination of public information, alongside being used as tools to sell commercial goods and services for centuries. However outwith their functional existence, they provide a canvas for millions of designers around the world.
This competitions aims to showcase and celebrate contemporary poster design from around the world.
The 200 entries most highly rated by the jury will be exhibited in Scotland’s National Centre for Design & Architecture, The Lighthouse between the 22nd October 2016 – 25th November 2016 and the top 3 winners will be awarded cash prizes.
18.05.16 –Competition Opens
20.08.16 – Competition Closes – All digital submissions must be received by midnight.
27.08.16 – Stage 1: Participants being considered for the exhibition will be contacted to submit physical posters for second round of judging
21.09.16 – Stage 2: All names of shortlisted participants who will feature in exhibition will be publicised on website. (We are still waiting for a number of submissions. Please check back at the end of next week when we hope to have received and reviewed all submissions. Thank you for your patience and good luck!)
21.10.16 – Competition winners will be announced at exhibition opening. We hope to see you there!
1. You submit your poster(s) digitally
2. All digital submissions reviewed
3. We request posters to be considered for final exhibition
4. Jury curate final posters for exhibition from those requested
5. Authors of posters to be included in final exhibition announced
6. 200 posters most highly rated by jury will be exhibited throughout GDFS and the following month and included in the printed poster catalogue
7. Digital gallery of posters published following exhibition
– The brief is open.
– Submissions may be created specifically for the competition, for a client or as self promotion.
– A maximum of 3 posters may be entered per participant. The competition is open to both students and professionals.
– The posters will be judged on their content, concept, and delivery, and value will be placed on design work which:
– Alters perceptions or ways of thinking
– Offers creative solutions to problems
– Contributes to discussion on current affairs
– Opens dialogue and provokes discussion for debate
– Makes innovative use of media or medium
1st Place: £500
2nd Place: £300
3rd Place: £100
Lamm & Kirch
Digital Entry: Maximum 5mb
Physical Entry: A1 or equivalent